WELCOME!!!!!! Read the blue words!!!


Hey all you gorgeous people! So if this is your first time to take a look I would definitely recommend starting from the bottom and working your way up through the posts. There is lots of information and I don't want you to miss out!


If this isn't your first time well then its your lucky day! I have posted TWO posts! One is a video! So whether you are in your car reading on your phone (which is not recommended), taking a trip to your morning "library", or just not in the mood to do work yet, have a read!! And when your done then have an awesome day!!!


Oh! I almost forgot! If you become a follower of the blog I will bring you back a souvenir from my trip!!! If you don't care about an awesome souvenir then enter your email address in to the right. This way you will get notified only when there is a new post! I will not send you any junk mail... unless you consider the words coming out of my mouth to be junk :).


Also don't be a hog! If you are enjoying what you are seeing then tell people! They don't have to know me and they don't have to be WELS to read this blog!!!



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LECC Kesennuma's First Tailgate!




Soooooo March 18th was a great day! I had the wonderful pleasure of having Mika San from the Toky church come up to Kesennuma to help me have a little English only Tailgate party at the LECC center. Now I say English only because we decided that this fun little event would be for my English students and that it would be an opportunity to let them practice their english around others that were studying english... I don't like to always be so serious when learning so this was an excelent way to have a lot of fun and get in some good practice. Not to mention that every one got to learn about a Wisconsin custom that is dear to my heart...Tailgating. Now don't worry we didn't have an official WI tailgate with obsene amounts of miller lite and a game of Bags. We strictly stuck to food...awesome food. In honor of Andrea's favorite we had taco dip...lots of it! We had some pasta salad, some kebabs with my secret bbq sauce, and some yummy yummy grilled up potatoes. We had 10 people in all show up for our lil shindig! some of my students were unable to attend because of work.

Over all the day went really well here. Every one agreed that they hope that other volunteers do similar things!!! Just a heads up ;)


Any way here are some videos and pictures from the party!


This is Mika! She deserves the Volunteer of the year award. This woman had the experience and the ability to really make some positive changes. There is no doubt in my mind that she was a gift sent straight to the LECC from God. and I am not talking about her culinary skills... I'm talking about the fact that she play a huge role when it comes to the HILTON's marketing in Asian cultures... Seriously, if you haven't heard of her yet you are not in the know...get with the program!

Ms. Osawa, aka Jesse's protective Angel from God, indulging in some tailgate action!

The Taco dip struggled... the younger two understood that you were suppose to eat it with chips...everyone else thought it was a salad :/


Mr. Suzuki!!!! This guy comes to class 6 out of 7 days a week!!! 




































He is my personal fruit and vegetable broker!
Mika San and Kaori San made these cookies for the party!!! Mika made the cookie and Kaori decorated the packages. They were a huge hit even though Mika took out half the sugar that was called for in the recipe...apparently Americans got their sweets wrong...


Mr. Osawa with her two students! Oh and of course Mr. Takahashi San
Look at our awesome grill!!!!! All of my students said that this was the first time they had ever been a part of something like this! They all hope they get to do it again!

So on these Kebabs we have green, yellow and orange bell peppers, onion, chicken, pineapple, and my secret bbq sauce (there are 9 ingredients)


The ladies felt that my wooden Kebab skewers were no good so they transffered them to metal ones. This was a good move.

The spread! yes that is pasta salad in a garbage bag... there is a video coming soon to explain it!!!

Lots of eating and lots of talking...mostly in English!
 
Ms. Osawa with two of her students
Mr. Suzuki and Mr. Takahashi
Ms. Sato, Ms. Yuki, and Ms. Marilou

The whole Crew!!! Now all we need is a Brewer game to go to!!!




3 comments:

  1. Jesse,
    That was absolutely amazing! Good job. You accomplished as much in two months as anyone could. Many seeds have been planted for future workers in the harvest field. The food looked good too! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing picture!! I couldn't image such a nice picture a year ago. It seems very Oishii BBQ. And it seems very good group of people. and It seems very good fellowship!!
    I am going to copy the pistures and sho the congregations and classes here in Mito. We keep you all in our prayers every week! God bless your works and talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otsukaresama!
    You made great job in Kesennuma.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures and video!
    Hope to see you soon again!

    ReplyDelete